Be the first to get posts and be privy to special updates and offers delivered directly to your inbox!
- Amazing trips
- Anevay's education
- Art Treasure Hunt
- Conversation With a Traveling Family
- Eating on the Road
- Education and Testing Info
- Educational Videos
- Great General Posts
- New York Staycations
- Why Travel?
- Middle School History Lessons… Why My Kid is Learning about the Incas BEFORE We Leave for Peru
- Learning Without Labels: Homeschooling vs. Unschooling vs. _____?
- Our Itinerary for a Month in Peru
- Music Makes the World Go ‘Round – A Look at the Saturday Music Project at Turtle Bay Music School
- My Mom (AKA the Best Alligator I Know)
Books that inspire
Monthly Archives: May 2012
A couple (few?) years ago, the kid and I watched the TV series, Lost (a guilty pleasure, sorry). For those of you who might have been living on the moon when the show was being aired, the series started with … Continue reading
“Choose life. Choose a job. Choose a career. Choose a family. Choose a fucking big television, Choose washing machines, cars, compact disc players, and electrical tin openers. Choose good health, low cholesterol and dental insurance. Choose fixed- interest mortgage repayments. … Continue reading
While being a single mother is- for the most part- a wonderful adventure, there are certain hoops a single parents is forced to jump through that married parents (or parents in partnerships) don’t need to worry about. Getting a passport is … Continue reading
1.) My kid is in LOVE with chemistry. Yesterday we went to the Hall of Science (with some new homeschooling friends who found us on this blog… YAY!). To be expected, my sweet girl’s favorite thing was to sit for … Continue reading